Assistant Professor of Management
Texas A&M University - Kingsville
Management, Marketing & Information Systems
Proposed Minimum Salary
Job Title: Tenure Track Position in Management
Department: MMIS – Management, Marketing, Information Systems
Salary : Commensurate with qualifications
Status : Full-Time
The Department of Management, Marketing, & Information Systems (MMIS) at
Texas A&M University-Kingsville (TAMUK) invites applications for a Tenure-
track Assistant/Associate Professor of Management position beginning Fall
2022. The successful candidate will join a college that is committed to
students' excellence, innovative and engaged instruction combined with
The College of Business Administration serves approximately 700 undergraduate
and graduate students, has a collegial faculty and opportunities for
professional growth and development.
Texas A&M University-Kingsville, as part of the Texas A&M University System,
is a state-supported institution including six undergraduate colleges and a
graduate college. The university's enrollment of approximately 7,000 reflects
the ethnic diversity of South Texas, with approximately 65% of the students of
Hispanic origin. Kingsville, a community of 25,000, is located 40 miles
southwest of Corpus Christi and 120 miles north of Mexico. For more
information, please visit the University's website: https:// www. tamuk.edu/
- Responsible for teaching nine credit hours per semester, research leading
to refereed journal publications, and university service.
- Specific courses to be taught could include Human Resources and other
management-related courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Faculty members are expected to engage in service activities related to the
MMIS Department (Management), the College of Business Administration, and
- Within the MMIS Department, service requirements will also include efforts
to engage and retain students, support Management clubs, and connect TAMUK
with the business community in South Texas.
- Qualified applicants must have a doctoral degree in Management or closely
related area and have completed the degree requirements prior to Spring 2022.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach both on-campus and
- Doctorate in Management or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited
- Candidates must have 18 graduate hours for every field in which they will
- Candidates must have a background and teaching experience in both the human
resources and management.
- Candidates must demonstrate a proven record to pursue a balanced commitment
to excellence in teaching, productive research, and active service.
- Ability to work with students of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- Preferred candidates will have relevant professional experience and
- Experience with SAP software is desired.
- Selected candidates must pass a pre-employment background investigation to
be hired for this position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Finalists being interviewed for the position may be expected to make a
scholarly presentation to faculty and students.
Prior to issuing a letter of appointment, official transcripts sent directly
from each degree-granting institution must be received by the Office of the
Provost, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, MSC 102, Kingsville, TX 78363-8202.
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility
of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and
evaluated by an approved credential evaluator (AACRAO).
https:// www. aacrao.org/credential/index.htm.
The above duties may not be performed in every position with this title and
the above functions may not include all related duties that might be
performed. Requires physical activities supportive of the above job duties.
Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary. If you are a male age 18
through 25, you must be properly registered with the Selective Service System
to be eligible for hire. Texas A&M University – Kingsville is committed to
excellence; the University invites applications from all qualified applicants.
Texas A&M University-Kingsville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal
history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's
verification of credentials and/or other information required by the
institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to