Posting Number F0242021
Working Title Assistant Professor of Management (OB/HR)
Department Org 314000 - Marketing and Management
The Department of Marketing and Management at the University of Central
Arkansas invites applications for a tenure-track position in Management
(OB/HR) to begin in August 2022. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. (or other
doctoral degree) in Organizational Behavior and/or Human Resource Management,
Management, Labor Relations, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or a
closely related field. In keeping with the University's mission, we especially
encourage applicants who further our goal of cultural, ethnic, racial, and
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Strong candidates will be willing and able to teach a suitable range of
classes, maintain a program of research, and provide appropriate service.
• Provide quality teaching in the area of organizational behavior, human
resource management, general management, and related areas of expertise
• Teaching load is twelve hours per term with three hours of research release
time (3/3 teaching load) both fall and spring semesters
• The option to teach in summer is typically available, pursuant to student
• Produce quality research in accordance with departmental and college
• Provide service to the department, college, and academic community that is
commensurate with rank and experience and aligned with expertise
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Potential or demonstrated ability to teach a range of courses in the areas
of organizational behavior, human resource management, general management, and
• Potential or demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate and graduate
• Potential or demonstrated ability to teach in traditional, hybrid, and
• Knowledgeable about the process for sustaining a program of research and
successfully navigating the publication process
• Ability to provide rigorous and engaging teaching experiences
• Ability to promote a culture of inclusivity and support for diverse students
• Civility in all interactions of a public or confidential nature
Skills Considered Essential for Success
-Knowledge of the organization and administration of higher education.
-Knowledge of student development theory.
-Knowledge of state, federal, and university rules, regulations, and
-Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
-Ability to compile statistics into reports.
-Ability to work collaboratively and independently with common goals as a part
of a team.
-Ability to make sound judgments and assist in resolving student concerns.
-Effective interpersonal communication, writing, and organizational abilities.
-Civility in all interactions of a public or confidential nature.
-Demonstrate follow-up contacts and consultations in a timely manner.
Required Education and/or Experience
• Ph.D. (or other doctoral degree) in Management, Human Resource Management,
Organizational Behavior, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or a closely
related field from an accredited university that can provide appropriate
insights into Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management courses.
Candidates who are ABD in these fields (or closely related field) from an
accredited university and nearing completion are eligible to apply
• Potential or demonstrated ability to teach a range of Organizational
Behavior and/or Human Resource Management courses
• Potential or demonstrated ability to produce quality research
Preferred Education and/or Experience
• Ph.D. in Management, Organizational Behavior, and/or Human Resource
Management from an AACSB accredited program
• Background and interest in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource
• Teaching experience in a range of Organizational Behavior and/or Human
Resource Management courses
• Teaching experience at multiple levels (i.e., undergraduate, graduate) and
across modalities (i.e., in-seat, hybrid, online)
• Demonstrated ability to produce quality research and maintain a program of
research across time
• Demonstrated technological proficiency in Learning Management Systems
(e.g., Blackboard) and online teaching tools (e.g., Zoom)
• Demonstrated commitment to or interest in service to the department,
college, and academic community
License(s)/Certifications (Required or Preferred)
University, Campus, and Community Description
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Central
Founded in 1907, UCA has an enrollment of more than 10,000, of which more than
15% are graduate students. The university offers more than 90 undergraduate
and 60 graduate certificate and degree programs, including doctoral programs
in five disciplines. The undergraduate student body consistently scores above
the national average on the ACT exam. UCA is proud of its tradition of
teaching excellence and its contributions in research, scholarship, and
creative activities. UCA seeks to attract students and employees that are
dedicated to building a culture of diversity, belonging, inclusion, and
Desired start date 08/16/2022
Background Check Statement
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender
registry, financial history background check and drug screening. A criminal
conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history
alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to
the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening
information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner
consistent with state and federal law.
UCA EEO Statement
The University of Central Arkansas is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution dedicated to attracting and supporting a diverse student, faculty
and staff population through enhanced multicultural learning environments and
opportunities. In keeping with its nondiscrimination policy in employment,
admissions and other functions and programs, the university considers
employees and students on the basis of individual merit and will not
discriminate against a person on the basis of gender, race or color,
ethnicity, religion, spiritual beliefs, national origin, age, familial status,
socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, disability, political beliefs,
intellectual perspective, genetic information, military status, or other
factors irrelevant to participation in its programs.
Open Date 07/15/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the contact information for three professional references that
can supply a letter of reference for you.
The following documents are also required: C.V., cover letter, unofficial
transcripts teaching statement with evidence of teaching effectiveness, and
The review of applicants will be ongoing until the position is filled. For
full consideration, please apply by September 15, 2021.
Only applicants received through the web portal will be considered
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Dr. Steve Schlachter,
Chair of the Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Portfolio / Supplemental Materials