Posting Number 0801150
Classification Title Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice (2 Positions)
Department Social and Behavioral Science
Department Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences welcomes applications for a
full-time, tenure track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor of
Criminal Justice. Appointments are set to begin no later than August 2021.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Faculty typically teach 12 hours per semester (undergraduate), including
a combination of service courses, upper-level offerings (including lab-based
courses), and courses in their specialty area.
2. Faculty are expected to engage in professional development and scholarly
pursuits and involve undergraduate students in these endeavors.
3. Faculty are expected to contribute to the department, University, and
profession through appropriate service obligations, including the advising of
students and committee service.
4. Teach undergraduate social science and criminal justice courses as
5. Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and
handouts. Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate students on topics in
Criminal Justice (CRJ) and Sociology (SOC).
6. Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and
7. Collect and analyze data for program and university assessment.
8. Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
9. Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
10. Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
11. Advise students on academic and vocational curricula and on career
issues, to include internship placements.
12. Develop and use multimedia course materials and other current technology,
such as online courses.
13. Perform administrative duties as needed.
14. Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
15. Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist department chair with continual program development.
2. Participate in faculty meetings and other university-wide
3. Other duties as outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Doctorate preferred. ABD will be considered.
2. Training, experience, and interest in Criminal Justice, and/or law and
3. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication
4. Previous successful work experience with culturally diverse populations a
5. Cope effectively with adversity and demonstrate leadership skills that
6. Willingness to seek external funding/grants.
A Ph.D. in Criminal Justice (CRJ) is required; ABDs with planned completion
dates prior to Fall 2021 may also be considered. Professional experience (at
least two years) in a CRJ field and college-level CRJ teaching experience is
required. Applicants with on-campus and online teaching experience in a range
of CRJ courses are preferred.
Posting Date 06/10/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position Category Faculty - Tenure Track Appointment
Budgeted Annual Salary 44000
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Do you have an earned Ph.D. degree in one of the following areas? Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Social Work, or Political Science