University of Wroclaw invites applications
for the position of assistant professor (research and teaching position)
at the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy
at the Institute of Experimental Physics
in the Section of Nuclear Physics and Dielectrics
No 112.2022.ZFiD.IFD.WFiA of November 21, 2022
Applications are invited from those who fulfil the statutory requirements specified in the Higher Education Act from 20th July 2018 (Dz. U. z 2018 r., poz. 1668) and the statutes of the University of Wroclaw.
Institute/Department: Faculty of Physics and Astronomy
Position: assistant professor
Type of position: research and teaching position
Vacancies/positions: part time (3/4)
Application deadline: January 13, 2023
Expected contest results: February 10, 2023
Envisaged job starting date: March 1, 2023
The candidate is expected to have
1. PhD degree in physical sciences or chemical sciences or materials engineering.
2. Documented predispositions for the experimental research work (publications in journals from the list of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education).
3. Good working knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
4. Proven competence in academic teaching in Polish language or declaration that the candidate fulfills these requirements in the next 2 years after the employment.
Additionally, the following are highly desirable
1. Experience in preparation and application of scientific grants.
2. Scientific plans – in particular, developing new research topics in field of experimental nuclear physics or solid state physics.
3. Documented long term research stays.
4. Active participation in scientific conferences and other scientific events.
Responsibilities at the workplace
1. Conducting scientific research, publishing results of the work in scientific journals, active participation in scientific conferences, applying for research grants and research internships, participating in the implementation of research grants, reviewing scientific papers.
2. Conducting classes; supervising master's and bachelor's theses in this area.
3. Working in university collegiate bodies, recruitment and examination committees during the recruitment process, organizing and participating in university promotional campaigns.
The application for the competition should include
1. Curriculum vitae.
2. Personal questionnaire (https: // hr.uwr.edu.pl/wp- content/uploads/sites/158/2022/05/PERSONAL-DATA...).
3. A photocopy of the diploma confirming obtaining the academic degree of doctor.
4. Statement whether the University of Wroclaw will be the primary place of work in the case of winning the competition (https: // hr.uwr.edu.pl/wp- content/uploads/sites/158/2022/05/Workplace-sta...).
5. Declaration of the discipline in which the candidate will conduct research, and in the case of people conducting research in more than one discipline, the percentage of their involvement in each of these disciplines (https: // hr.uwr.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/sites/158/2022/05/Scientific- di...).
6. Self-presentation (information about scientific, organizational, and other achievements).
7. List scientific publications in the last ten years.
8. Electronic versions of the two most important publications that the candidate considers representative of his or her scientific achievements, or an explanation of the lack of them, provided that the Chairman of the Committee may expect all or selected scientific publications or other documents to be submitted.
9. Two recommendation letters provided that these letters are sent by e-mail to the Chairman of the Competition Committee at email@example.com, without the candidate's mediation and are open only to members of the Committee, and the candidate, by entering the competition, waives the right to access these lists.
The successful candidate who holds a diploma obtained in a country other than a member state of the European Union or the Organization for Economic and Development or EFTA will have to validate the diploma.
CV should include the following note: I consent, within the meaning of Articles 4 and 7 of RODO, i.e. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the EU L of 4.05.2016, pp. 1-88), to the processing of my personal data by the University of Wroclaw, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wroclaw, for the purpose of recruitment for employment at the University of Wroclaw. I am aware that the consent given may be withdrawn at any time in a manner appropriate to its giving.
All the documents should be send in the electronic form to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the message title: „assistant professor ZFJiD.IFD.WFiA”.
1. The University of Wroclaw reserves the right to contact only selected candidates.
2. Selected candidates may be required to undergo an interview by means of electronic communication allowing audio and video transmission.
3. The University of Wroclaw reserves the right to close the competition without selecting a candidate.
4. The University of Wroclaw reserves the right to cancel the competition.
5. The University of Wroclaw does not provide housing.
Information clause for persons participating in the recruitment process
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the European Union of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, RODO), we inform you that:
1. The administrator of your personal data is the University of Wroclaw based in Wroclaw, pl. Uniwersytecki 1, 50-137 Wroclaw, hereinafter referred to as the Administrator.
2. The Data Protection Officer at the University of Wroclaw is dr Krzysztof Ziemba, email address: email@example.com
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of recruitment to work at the University of Wroclaw. The legal basis for processing your personal data is Article 22 section1 of the Polish Labour Code, Article 119 of the Higher Education and Science Act and your consent.
4. Your personal data will not be made available to other recipients, with the exception of entities with which the controller has entered into appropriate agreements for the entrustment of processing and cases provided for by law.
5. Your data will be stored for the duration of the recruitment process, not longer than 12 months from the date of your application.
6. You have the right to:
a) withdraw consent to the processing of personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal,
b) demand from the Administrator access to their personal data, rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data, data portability, however these rights may be restricted by a specific legal provision,
c) make a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
7. Providing personal data is voluntary, however, failure to provide data such as: first name(s) and surname, date of birth, place of residence (correspondence address), will result in inability to participate in the recruitment process.Offer Requirements
Physics: PhD or equivalent
POLISH: GoodContact Information