Position InformationJob Title Assistant Professor in Management: Strategy/Policy
Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by February 17, 2023. Second consideration may be given to applications received by March 3, 2023. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (March 3, 2023) may not be given full consideration.
The College of Business at the University of Rhode Island is the first accredited business school in Rhode Island and recognized for its leadership in business education, research, and outreach. Located on the URI Quad in Ballentine Hall, the College of Business is the only institution in Rhode Island with AACSB accredited programs at the undergraduate, Master's, and PhD levels.
With nine full-time tenure track faculty members and four teaching professors who research and teach in strategic management, human resources, organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, corporate responsibility and sustainability, and relevant issues and subjects. Management faculty collaborate closely with the Charles T. Schmidt Jr. Labor Research Center.
Located in the historic village of Kingston; the main campus of the University of Rhode Island is close to the ocean and major beaches. Our 1,200-acre campus is a handsome mix of ivy-covered buildings and contemporary architecture. It is 30 miles south of Providence, and within easy reach of Newport, Boston, and New York City. In 2018, the core of the Kingston Campus was named to the National Register of Historic places.
In addition to the main campus (Kingston Campus), there are three other campuses throughout the state. The Alan Shawn Feinstein College of Education and Professional Studies and the Rhode Island Nursing Education Center are in Providence. The Narragansett Bay Campus houses the Graduate School of Oceanography and The W. Alton Jones Campus is in a woodland area with streams, forests, and lakes.
• The applicant will engage in research which will lead to publication in high quality journals as listed in ABDC, FT50 and SJR Q1.
• The applicant is expected to teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in Strategy and relevant courses.
• In addition to teaching, the applicant is expected to engage students academically and professionally.
• College/university-level service is required.
1. An earned PhD in Management or related field from an AACSB accredited Business School or a doctorate in a related field with similar accreditation. Candidates who expect to finish their Ph.D. prior to July 1, 2023 are also encouraged to apply.
2. Evidence of research potential in the strategic management field (e.g. published papers in high-quality journals, manuscripts under review and/or revise-and-resubmit, presentations in peer-reviewed conferences).
3. Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses.
4. Demonstrated ability to engage in innovative teaching on an individual and team basis.
5. Ability to engage in service activities; e.g. at the college, university, and
professional levels, including work with the state and the business communities.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
7 Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
8. Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations.
1. Research program in one or more of these areas: Corporate Social
Responsibility, Critical Management Studies, Global Management, Grand Challenges, Healthcare Management, Non-market Strategy, and Sustainability.
2. Demonstrated teaching experience at the undergraduate level and/or graduate level.
3. Demonstrated evidence of scholarly publication in strategy.
4. Experience in grant writing.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
Union AAUP - American Assoc of Univ Professors Status Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, Permanent End Date of Restriction or Limitation
Department InformationDepartment Dean, College of Business
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https: // jobs.uri.edu)
Contact Email Campus Location Kingston Grant Funded No Extension Contingent on Funding Date Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 6 ( PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vita
(#3) Other Document – Job Market Paper (as one complete document)
(#4) Evidence of Research Quality (ex: publications, working papers, conference presentations, etc.) (as one complete document).
(#5) Evidence of Teaching Experience (ex: course materials; syllabus, evaluations, rewards, etc.) (as one complete document).
(#6) Other Document – References – names and contact information of three professional references. (Note: this document is required even though references may be listed on the job application).
Posting InformationPosition Number 106519
Posting Number F00359 Posting Date 01/09/2023 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Quicklink for Posting https: // jobs.uri.edu/postings/11130Applicant Documents
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().