To view the posting details and/or apply to a posting, click on the 'View'
link below the Job Title. To sort, click on the arrow next to the column
USERS Please STOP and read important messages below:
NEW USERS - If you are applying for a posting and have not created an
application, please click on the 'Create Application' link on the left hand
side of the margin and create an application. You will not be allowed to
change your application information after you have applied to a posting.
RETURNING USERS - If you need to edit your application information before
applying for a specific posting, you will be given the opportunity to review
your application and edit it. Please click the LOGIN link at the left. You
MUST make any changes prior to applying; you will not be allowed to change
your application information after you have applied to a specific posting.
Assistant Professor-Humanities Librarian-Waldo Library-Terminal/1 Year
$52,625 - $64,250 Plus a generous benefits package
- Planning, teaching, and assessing information literacy instruction session
in the assigned liaison areas.
- Consulting with classroom faculty on information-literacy related
assignment design and content-related library collections.
- Meeting with students for individual reference consultations, which
includes maintaining an open online calendar for scheduling consultations.
- Providing online reference via email and LibChat.
- Updating LibGuides, online tutorials, and other online learning objects to
support the curriculum in the assigned liaison areas.
- Promoting library resources and services to the assigned liaison
departments via multiple communication channels.
- Responding to inquiries about library instruction, reference, and
- Participating in library events and initiatives.
- Supporting colleagues with high teaching loads as needed.
- Participating in faculty governance and other shared leadership
- A master's degree from a graduate program accredited by the American
Library Association (ALA) or an international equivalent as identified by
ALA, or a completed bachelor's degree and verified enrollment in an MLIS
program with an anticipated graduation date no later than May 30, 2022 from an
- Demonstrated potential for achievement in library instruction and reference
in a liaison librarian environment, including comfort in initiating new
conversations, public speaking, and facilitating group activities.
- Familiarity with common library instruction tools and resources, such as
discovery tools, humanities databases, LibGuides, teaching and learning tools
(such as Blackboard or D2L), assessment software, and citation managers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Demonstrated content knowledge in the humanities.
- Experience in an academic or public library in an instruction or reference
Required Applicant Documents
Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
List of References
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Additional Position Information:
Western Michigan University is seeking a humanities liaison librarian to fill
a 35-hours a week, benefits-eligible, one-year term faculty position in the
WMU Libraries' Instruction and Outreach Department. The humanities covered by
this position include English, Communication, Spanish, Philosophy, Gender &
Women's Studies, Comparative Religion, and World Languages & Literatures.
Entry-level applicants who have comfort and confidence with teaching and
reference are welcome.
Western Michigan University Libraries is committed to the University's
strategic direction on inclusive excellence and equity and actively works to
promote a diverse and accessible University culture. WMU Libraries strongly
encourages applications from candidates in underrepresented groups,
multilingual candidates, and those with a passion for inclusion,
accessibility, disability advocacy, and related themes.
In support of the Libraries commitment to career development, the incumbent
will enjoy many opportunities to develop a professional record. Support will
be provided for time to attend professional development activities, initiating
scholarship, and developing service experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position
is filled. Only applications submitted through the WMU Jobs website will be
Go to: https:// www. wmich.edu/hr/employees/faculty for benefits and other
External Posting Date:
External Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Internal Closing Date:
Application Types Accepted
Faculty Credential Summary