Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Professor, Comprehensive Otolaryngology
Salary Commensurate With Experience
Physician/Clinical Investigator/Clinical Educator, i.e., academician to
demonstrate exemplary leadership, administrative, and mentoring skills to
contribute to the goals of enhancing the clinical, clinical research, and
educational missions and activities of the Division of Comprehensive
Otolaryngology, and the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Posting Number 21FA0676
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Minimum Education and Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
be assigned. (List Essential Duty Responsibility Statements.)
1. Provide evidence based medicine to patients in both the inpatient and
2. Collaborate with institutional leadership, physician partners, and nursing
colleagues to ensure high quality care for otolaryngology – head and neck
surgery patients in all settings including: the outpatient offices, ICUs, ED
and inpatient units.
3. Participate in clinical research activities within the Division,
Department and/or Medical School to further the knowledge in the chosen area
of study. Obtain funding for research activity as available.
4. Provide unrestricted call coverage at all facilities as determined by
Divisional leadership of Rutgers Health Group at the discretion of the Chair
of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
5. Actively participate in medical student, resident and fellow education
through didactic lectures, research activities, evaluation of programs,
interviews and/or clinical supervision.
6. Help develop the Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency program
and help establish a Pediatric Otolaryngology fellowship program.
7. Document and bill for provider activities accurately, appropriately, and
in a timely manner according to healthcare system, hospital and medical school
8. Provide active participate in the teaching programs, attend conferences,
grand rounds, and hospital committees as requested.
9. Promote the program throughout the region and at national conferences.
10. Participate in process/quality improvement in care delivery of
otolaryngology – head and neck surgery patients and participate in quality
11. Comply with all medical school and hospital medical staff bylaws,
clinical practice guidelines and policies.
12. As part of the mission of the medical school you will have
responsibilities for clinical research as well as clinical education of
residents and students and such duties as assigned by the Chair, Dr. P. Ashley
Wackym, who will serve as your mentor.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link to Posting https: // jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/134373
Campus Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus Off Campus
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Cover Letter/Letter of Application