UNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System. UNT System includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.
Posting Title Assistant or Associate Professor- Physical Therapy Department HSC-Physical Therapy-300820 College/School School of Health Professions Job Location Fort Worth Full Time/Part Time Full-Time Retirement Eligibility ORP Eligible Additional Retirement Information
For more information on retirement plan options, please visit https: // hr.untsystem.edu/benefits/retirement-plans/index.php.
Salary Information Commensurate with experience Department Summary
The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth (HSC) Department of Physical Therapy is housed within the School of Health Professions (SHP) which also includes a Physician Assistant Studies Program and an online Master of Science in Lifestyle Health. HSC is dedicated to excellence in education, research, primary care, and community service. HSC has a strong commitment to the success of the Physical Therapy department relying on a culture of clear values: integrity, collaboration, respect, serving others ﬁrst, and being visionary in creating solutions for a healthier community. We develop and deliver these solutions in an interprofessional, team-based environment that promotes patient-centered care. We are seeking a faculty member who recognizes the importance of values-based leadership and whose vision is consistent with emerging health care delivery.
The Department of Physical Therapy at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth is seeking faculty at the Assistant or Associate Professor Rank for a 12-month appointment, beginning in summer 2023. Ideal candidates will have clinical and/or teaching experience in Anatomy, Foundational clinical examination, Differential Diagnosis, Applied Exercise Physiology, with an interest in supporting our clinical education. Duties and responsibilities include teaching, advising, research/scholarship activities, service in the entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program, fostering interprofessional education and practice through collaboration and engagement with academic faculty within the university, school, program, and faculty in the HSC Health clinical practice, supporting the mission and vision of the department to create solutions for a healthier community, and abiding by all relevant university and /or department procedures and policies. Currently, we support a Friday remote day schedule to allow for some flexibility in our residential program.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· A terminal academic degree (PhD, DSc, EdD, or equivalent) in physical therapy or a health profession related field
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
· Evidence of an established or a developing research agenda
· Verbally commits to:
- Working collaboratively and professionally with individuals from diverse communities and cultures within and outside the University
- Providing and maintaining a respectful and nurturing learning environment that promotes patient-centered care
- Modeling professionalism inside and outside of the classroom setting
· DPT degree from an accredited physical therapy program
· Teaching experience in an academic higher learning environment is desired in one or more of the following areas: neurology, geriatrics, pharmacology, motor control, pediatrics, health promotion, foundational courses such as therapeutic interventions, practice management, and evidence-based practice
· Contemporary clinical expertise in one or more of the following areas: neurologic physical therapy, geriatrics, pharmacology, motor control, evidence-based practice, pediatrics, health promotion, foundational courses such as therapeutic interventions, and practice management.
· ABPTS certiﬁcation
· Licensure or eligibility to obtain licensure as a physical therapist in Texas
Evidence of service in a professional organization at the state and/or national level
Required License / Registration / Certification
Required Licenses/ Registration/ Certification:
For physical therapists: Licensed to practice in Texas or license to practice in Texas by the time of hire is desired
Physical Requirements Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Ability to communicate Area of Specialty Neurologic Physical Therapy, Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Pharmacology, Motor Control, Evidence-Base Practice, Therapeutic Interventions, Health Promotion, Practice Management Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position. EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Driving University Vehicle No
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number F848P
Special Instructions to Applicants
Cover letter expressing interest in the position, experience as a physical therapist and/or in related ﬁeld of higher education emphasizing teaching experience, scholarship, and service.
The contact information should include professional references' position, email, phone number and relationship to the applicant. For Other Document, please attach PT License.
Quicklink for Posting https: // jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/58860 Position End Date (if temporary)Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().