Position InformationWorking Title Assistant or Associate Professor of Reading/Literacy
Brief Summary of Job Description
The Department of Teacher Education is seeking a tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor in Reading for the up-coming school year.
The Department of Teacher Education is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Reading/Literacy at the Assistant or Associate rank to begin in the Fall of 2023. The successful candidate will teach reading/literacy courses in undergraduate and graduate programs. This is a 9-month appointment with summer teaching possibilities. All faculty members have student advising responsibilities and are required to engage in scholarship and service. Both scholarship and service will represent a variety of engagements at the department, college, university, state, regional, national, and international levels.
Additional responsibilities include assisting with the administration of the online graduate program, program development and implementation, development of university/school partnerships, assisting with CAEP accreditation, and other duties as assigned by the department.
· Must have earned a doctorate in education with an emphasis in Reading or Literacy Education, though an ABD status will be considered with completion by the time of hire.
· Must hold, or have held, a valid teaching license/certificate and have a minimum of 2 years of PK-12 teaching experience in accredited schools.
· Must have demonstrated experience with assessment and curriculum development.
· Must provide evidence of scholarly activity.
· Experience with culturally and linguistically diverse learners.
· Candidate holds a Reading Specialist Endorsement and has experience teaching reading/literacy education courses.
· Candidate will have demonstrated scholarly activity such as presentations at professional conferences and publications in peer-reviewed academic journals.
· Teaching experience that includes both face-to-face and online instruction.
· Course or curriculum development in higher education.
· Experience teaching in higher education.
· Experience with culturally responsive pedagogy.
Physical Demands Desired Start Date 08/14/2023 Is this position temporary? No Position End Date (if temporary) Special Instructions to Applicant Special Conditions for Eligibility
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number F20220039P
Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Application Review Date: Initial application review will begin on this date. Applications received prior to this date will be considered. Applications received after the review date may be considered. 09/30/2023 For questions regarding the online application process, please contact:
308-865-8516 or [email protected]
For questions regarding the position, please contact: Martonia Gaskill at [email protected]Budget Information
Budget SummaryBenefits Eligible 100%
If eligible click this link for a full explanation of benefits: UNK Benefits Summary PageSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Documents Needed to Apply