Assistant Clinical Professor
Apply now Job no: 503281
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 313208 - Meridian - Physician Assistant
Location: Meridian Campus - Meridian, MS
Position Open Date: Oct 11 2021
The primary responsibility will be teaching and advising students in the
Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service
Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC,
these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the
Please see our website at www. meridian.msstate.edu/academics/physician-
Area of Specialization:
Master of Physician Assistant Studies
Anticipated Appointment Date:
December 1, 2021
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in the continuing development of the program, ARC-PA
provisional and continuing accreditation processes.
2. Instruct graduate level physician assistant courses during all phases of
3. Advise students and participate in school and university committees.
4. Direct student research.
5. Disseminate scholarly findings through academic publications and
presentations at regional and national conferences.
6. Maintain and analyze program data as assigned.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the program director.
Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an Accredited PA Program.
Experience of 3 to 5 years of as a practicing Physician Assistant.
Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Physician Assistant in Mississippi.
Current NCCPA Certification.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
PhD or MD in relevant field with a focus in Physician Assistant Studies and
teaching experience in a Physician Assistant Program above the minimum
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
2. Ability to prioritize competing demands and the ability to meet deadlines.
3. Ability to exercise good judgement and discipline.
4. Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
5. Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
6. Ability to efficiently and effectively work in a fast - paced environment
with multiple responsibilities .
7. Ability to prioritize work load; meet deadlines and foster a willingness
to continuously learn and grow professionally to excel at one's highest
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Work is primarily in a classroom setting. Some clinical instruction will
2. Exposure to physical risk and physical effort as expected in a clinical
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: https:// explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at https:// explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and
attach a cover letter, and vitae. In addition, an official transcript and
certification must be mailed to
Dr. Rick Kilgore, Ph.D., PA-C, DFAAPA - Interim Program Director
MSU-Meridian Riley Campus
2214 5th Street
Meridian, MS 39301
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity,
sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic
information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any
other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and
applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share
our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in
our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability
and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position
with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human
Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of
Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon
request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and
readers are available to assist the visually impaired.
Advertised: Oct 11 2021 Central Daylight Time