Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant/Associate/Professor in Health Equity,
Social Justice and Population Health (Multiple Positions)
Department Rutgers Global Health Inst
Salary Commensurate With Experience
Rutgers University and Rutgers Global Health Institute invite applications for
faculty positions that focus on Health Equity, Social Justice and Population
Health, encompassing equity related to health care delivery research and
access to the conditions for health. Faculty are anticipated to engage in
research and scholarly activities.
This position seeks to identify extraordinary scholars from fields including
but not limited to health, healthcare, public health, epidemiology,
bioinformatics or related fields with a demonstrated track record of scholarly
work in health equity, discrimination, structural racism, inclusion,
diversity, or related disciplines.
Successful candidates are expected to develop independent, federally funded
research programs, and are committed to addressing the needs of vulnerable
populations. Responsibilities include a combination of research and education.
Interdisciplinary researchers are desired.
Candidates are expected to collaborate with Rutgers health systems,
clinicians, research networks, and/or community partners, and work
collaboratively with other researchers and team members to advance health
equity in New Jersey and beyond.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides thought leadership in the advancement of health equity including
social determinants of health such as racism and poverty
• Conducts research in areas that will improve access to healthcare for
individuals who experience health disparities
• Directs and advises the work of trainees and faculty colleagues who share an
interest in health equity
• Participates in the development and delivery of curricula that will advance
• Engages in local communities as a health equity leader
• Acts as an advocate to address health inequity due to race and/or poverty.
• Understands and adheres to legacy UMDNJ's compliance standards as they
appear in legacy UMDNJ's Corporate Compliance Policy and Code of Conduct and
Conflict of Interest Policy
Posting Number 21FA1271
Posting Open Date 10/29/2021
Posting Close Date
Minimum Education and Experience
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Candidates for Assistant Professor should have strong research potential
(as demonstrated by relevant publications and funding potential).
• Candidates for Associate Professor should have a strong track record of
research publication and funding.
• Candidates for Full Professor position should have a track record of
research, publication, and funding that distinguishes them, nationally or
internationally, as leaders in health equity, social justice, or population
Interested applicants should have a doctorate in medicine, public health, a
Juris doctorate in social justice law, or related fields. Applicants should
have a minimum of 5 years post-doctorate employment.
• Experience leading, supervising and/or working with multidisciplinary
• Experience teaching at the graduate level (Master's degree or higher
degree), with responsibility for directing the research of others
• Evidence of significant publications and grant funding
• Demonstrated expertise in teaching, mentoring and/or research that addresses
the experience of underrepresented minorities.
• Strong communication, writing, problem-solving, and interpersonal abilities.
• Experience working with underserved and diverse populations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Provide details for Physical Demands and Work environments that are job
related and consistent with business necessity. Documenting Physical Demands
and Work Environment Conditions in a job description ensures ADA compliance.
Use the ADA Physical Checklist and the ADA Work Environment Documentation
Check List as guides.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link to Posting https: // jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/146586
Campus Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus Downtown New Brunswick
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Cover Letter/Letter of Application