To view the posting details and/or apply to a posting, click on the 'View'
link below the Job Title. To sort, click on the arrow next to the column
USERS Please STOP and read important messages below:
NEW USERS - If you are applying for a posting and have not created an
application, please click on the 'Create Application' link on the left hand
side of the margin and create an application. You will not be allowed to
change your application information after you have applied to a posting.
RETURNING USERS - If you need to edit your application information before
applying for a specific posting, you will be given the opportunity to review
your application and edit it. Please click the LOGIN link at the left. You
MUST make any changes prior to applying; you will not be allowed to change
your application information after you have applied to a specific posting.
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, with an
excellent benefits package.
- Teach introductory and advanced broadcast/digital media production courses.
- Teach critical media/film studies courses.
- Maintain nationally recognized research and/or creative agenda.
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participate in departmental and college service.
- Engage in curriculum development.
- Develop industry relationships.
- Ph.D. in Journalism, Media/Film Studies, Mass Communication, Communication
or a related discipline (ABDs are eligible for consideration but are required
to complete their degree requirements by August 5, 2022).
- Demonstrated strong potential for nationally recognized program of
critical/cultural media scholarship addressing the intersections of
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated record of contributions or a commitment to integrating
inclusivity and equity into scholarship, teaching, service, or student
- Scholarship or creative activity that demonstrates a commitment to social
- Ability to adapt to rapid advances in digital video technology.
- Scholar/maker with the ability to teach media/film studies courses as well
as hands-on broadcasting and digital multimedia production informed by
critical and cultural theory.
- Prior industry experience.
Required Applicant Documents
Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should submit to Carolyn Seaver:
- Representative examples of research and/or portfolio of production
- 3 samples of teaching materials (e.g., syllabi, assignments, prepared
materials for class).
- Unofficial copies of graduate transcripts.
Additional Position Information:
Direct inquiries and send non-electronic materials to:
School of Communication
Western Michigan University
1903 West Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo MI, 49008-5318
External Posting Date:
External Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Internal Closing Date:
Application Types Accepted
Faculty Credential Summary