Assistant/Associate Professor and Chair of Degree Completion Business
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary
documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening.
To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the
Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a
Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your
records, click on the Print Preview link.
Bookmark this ATE Print Preview Apply for this Job
Tenure Status Non-Tenure
Rank Administrative Faculty
Term Length 12 Months
Terminal one year contract
Position Status Full Time
Position Title Assistant/Associate Professor and Chair of Degree Completion
Campus Chicago, IL -18 S. Michigan Ave
If other, please specify
This position is an administrative faculty position where the Chair provides
leadership and administrative oversight to degree completion programs in
Business (BS in Management and BA in Health Care Leadership) and teaches
courses (online and blended) in these programs. The new chair will
strengthen Online Education expertise and provide leadership in adult learning
and degree completion. This position is a twelve-month full-time Professional
Practice track faculty position with significant administrative
responsibilities. It is expected that the faculty appointment be eligible for
Assistant or Associate Professor rank.
The Chair works collaboratively with other degree completion program chairs as
well as undergraduate and graduate Business programs. She/he/they promotes the
mission, vision and values of the University, supports the university's
strategic initiatives, leads academic programs and is a tireless advocate for
students from enrollment through employment. In addition to degree completion,
National Louis University offers Business programs at the Undergraduate
College and Masters programs at the School of Business and Information
The Chair provides vision and leadership to achieve academic excellence and
operational efficiency. She/he/they works with the dean to lead the faculty,
manages teaching workload, supervises administrative responsibilities,
supports faculty development goals, and completes faculty and staff
evaluations. The chair is also responsible for program planning, course
offerings, curriculum currency, learning outcomes assessment, as well as
accreditation and compliance. The chair will partner with Center for Teaching
and Learning Excellence (CTLE), enrollment, student affairs, advising, and
career services to ensure student's exceptional learning experiences.
• Upholds the university's mission and core values and support the
University's strategic initiatives.
• Serves as the program representative to internal and external constituents
including prospective students, current students, faculty, supervisors, alumni
and the community at-large.
• Supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives at the university and
is a part of a welcoming community.
• Is a strategic thinker and works with the university and community
stakeholders to grow the program.
• Works with the academic team to explore new program offerings in the degree
• Provides online education expertise and supports online program offerings.
• Engages actively in the life of the university and participates in campus
and community events.
• Partners with the enrollment team to prepare program material, present at
open houses, and supports meeting enrollment goals.
• Works with enrollment and advising to remove obstacles that impede students'
access to NLU programs.
Program and Faculty
• Leads faculty and staff to complete academic operations tasks with the
highest quality and in a timely manner. Convenes regular meetings to
coordinate administrative tasks and ensures proper communications and
dissemination of information.
• Provides curricular oversight to ensure academic rigor, curriculum currency
and alignment with students' needs and market expectation.
• Leads program(s) planning and manages departmental offerings to meet
student needs to progress towards completion of the program. Utilizes various
instructional modalities for efficient scheduling.
• Manages faculty teaching loads, advising and service activities to ensure
equity, efficiency, and transparency.
• Leads faculty hiring, development, and evaluation. Identifies adjunct
faculty and practitioners to contribute to the delivery of instruction and
complement the expertise of faculty.
• Leads the faculty to review learning outcomes and completes assessment
• Ensures that all course materials are complete, consistent, and in
compliance with college and university policies and guidelines by the
• Serves as point of contact for academic decisions including grade appeals,
admission exceptions, and academic progress.
• Advocates for students by responding to students' concerns, petitioning in a
timely manner and working with the student success team to ensure an
exceptional student experience.
• Uses institutional data and student satisfaction surveys to make program
• Monitors students' progress, retention and graduation rates, as well as
successful licensure and employment rates.
• Works with university offices and community partners to secure experiential
learning opportunities and rigorous training to ensure graduates are
competitive in the employment market.
• Ensures General Education requirements in the program are met and works with
the Learning Assessment Office to facilitate credit transfer.
• Works with Career Bridge office to ensure proper training and readiness for
employment and professional advancement.
Procedure for Candidacy
• Commitment to the National Louis University's mission, vision and core
• A Master's Degree in a Business discipline or a related field is required, a
Ph.D or Ed.D is preferred
• Evidence of teaching excellence using various modalities and instructional
• Experience working with adult students and online programs
• Experience in managing academic programs and curriculum development in
• Five years of professional experience in a leadership or advanced role in an
• Professionalism and commitment to working with diverse populations
National Louis University (NLU) is looking to honor its past while defining
a bold new future as a contemporary, comprehensive university that prepares
diverse students for sustained professional success with a deep commitment to
Access, Excellence, Innovation and Equity. The university is focused on
inspiring and empowering all learners to be leaders ready to address
tomorrow's challenges in the context of increasing global urbanization. NLU is
dedicated to providing a career-building, life-changing education that is
accessible to all students. The University offers 80 + programs within its
five colleges: National College of Education, Kendall College of Culinary Arts
& Hospitality Management, Undergraduate College, College of Psychology and
Behavioral Sciences and the School of Business and Information Technology. The
University serves over 9,700 students per year and has experienced
unprecedented growth in its undergraduate programming. Most students are from
Illinois, but the University also attracts students from throughout the U.S.
and from around the world who take advantage of campus based, blended and
Founded in 1886, National Louis University is a private not-for-profit
university offering programs through the doctoral level. NLU is also
classified as an Engaged Institution by the Carnegie Foundation and has been
named as a top ten institution by Money Magazine where its alumni believe they
are making the world “a better place.” The University has had more Golden
Apple Award winners among its graduates in teacher preparation than any
institution across the state. The University has a deep commitment to
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and is among the top 25 most diverse national
universities according to U.S. News and World Report (2019). The University
has received more than $80 million in funding for applied research projects in
urban development, childhood development, school improvement, and teacher
preparation. NLU recognized as a national leader in closing the post-secondary
completion through its innovative approach to undergraduate education.
NLU is located in the center of Chicago's downtown loop, across the street
from the Art Institute, in an area which has been recognized as America's
largest campus with over 25 institutions and 50,000 students attending a
college across the city. In addition, the University has several suburban
locations and a Florida regional campus.
Posting Number FAC255
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions Summary
Quick Link for Internal Postings https: // jobs.nl.edu/postings/6875
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Documents Needed to Apply
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Other (Licenses, Certifications, Etc.)