Assistant/Associate/Clinical Professor & Director
Apply now Job no: 502828
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 313208 - Meridian - Physician Assistant
Location: Meridian Campus - Meridian, MS
Position Open Date: Jul 12 2021
Mississippi State University seeks a program director for the new
provisionally accredited Master of Physician Assistant Studies program on the
Meridian Campus. The program director will be responsible for working with
administration in continuing to build a highly reputable program and ensuring
achievement of full accreditation. The program director will hold a faculty
rank that is commensurate with their experience and qualifications.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service
Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC,
these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the
Please see our website at https:// www. meridian.msstate.edu/academics/
Area of Specialization:
Physician Assistant - Meridian Administration
Anticipated Appointment Date:
July 1, 2022
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Oversight of curriculum and accreditation compliance.
2) Work with administration in recruiting, hiring, supervising, and
evaluating PA faculty and support staff members.
3) Lead and maintain the best pedagogical practices among PA programs,
including mentoring junior faculty and creating an environment that fosters
teamwork and collaboration.
4) Reach established enrollment goals through overseeing the student
recruitment and admissions processes, coordinating student acceptance and
matriculation processes, and collaborating with administration and staff in
marketing and program promotion.
5) Serve as a key representative for the university related to clinical
allied health programs, specifically on the Meridian Campus.
6) Coordinate and oversee clinical practicums and arrange host sites.
7) Participate in the recruitment of clinicians and support staff for
8) Build and maintain close working relationships with local hospital
administrators and physicians.
9) Participate in research and presentations to build a national reputation
for the Master of Physician Assistant Studies program.
10) Develop a strategic and operational plan for the program, including
budgetary and fiscal management.
11) Collaborate with colleagues on the Meridian and Starkville Campus in
initiatives that expand the university's contribution to critical healthcare
needs of the state.
12) Contribute to broad university service through key committee
13) Other duties as assigned.
1) Master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program or related
2) Three years of prior experience teaching in a Physician Assistant program.
3) Licensed or eligible to be licensed in Mississippi as a Physician
4) NCCPA certification.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
1) Doctoral degree in a related discipline.
2) Prior experience as a department head or program director.
3) Prior experience with curriculum development, program design, and teaching
courses using a course management system.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: https:// explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at https:// explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and
attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information
for at least three additional references. In addition, the official transcript
of highest degree and three letters of recommendation should be sent by mail
Dr. Terry Dale Cruse
Associate Vice President & Head of Campus
Mississippi State University-Meridian
1000 Hwy 19 North
Meridian. MS 39307
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity,
sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic
information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any
other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and
applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share
our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in
our student population.
Advertised: Jul 12 2021 Central Daylight Time