About the position
As Australia's first private University, Bond University based at Robina, Gold Coast seeks to be recognised internationally as a leading independent university, imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow's professionals who share a personalised and transformational student experience.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Work in an environment that values continuous learning and career success.
- Access to staff health and wellness programs
- Support for professional development and continuing education
- Work with dedicated and skilled support teams
Join Australia’s number one University for student experience*, and enjoy staff benefits including:
- Free staff car parking
- 36.75 hour standard work week
- Access to flexible work/work from home arrangements
- Up to 18/26 weeks of parental leave#
- Salary packaging options for FBT and Non-FBT items#
- 17.5% of base salary leave loading
- Staff wellbeing program
- Study assistance for staff and dependents#
- Corporate health and finance discounts
- Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
- Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
The Financial Accounting department have an exciting Assistant Accountant opportunity to join a supportive and dedicated team. Reporting to the Financial Accountant, this position will assist in a wide range of functions including the preparation of financial statements and relevant taxation returns.
The successful candidate will be responsible for independently managing their priorities and task scheduling with minimal supervision.
About the person
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- A relevant tertiary degree qualification
- Work experience and membership or currently studying for membership of a recognised Australian accounting body
- High-level numeracy and reconciliation skills with a proven track record of meticulous attention to detail and accuracy with figures
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem-solving abilities, including the capability to initiate solutions
- Excellent time management skills, including setting priorities and consistently meeting tight deadlines.
The salary for the position commences at $76,940.14 plus 12% superannuation.
Position related enquiries can be directed to Bernice Lin, Chief Accountant at [email protected]
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Wednesday 22 November 2023.
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment are offered under a Bond Workplace Agreement (BWA).
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022