Assistant Academic Lead Swindon (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer)
Grade 9: £37,474 to £40,931 Grade 10/11: £43,414 to £53,353
Full Time, Fixed Term - Academic
Oxford Brookes University is an approved university to conduct the Nursing
Midwifery Council (NMC) Test of Competence. There are 4 other approved
universities; Ulster University and University of Northampton, Northumbria
University and Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust.
The approved Test Centre provide Part two of the NMC's Test of Competence for
international nurses and midwives seeking registration with the NMC. Part two
is a nursing or midwifery Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
The OSCE can only be sat after a candidate successfully passes Part one, and
it is the NMC who provides authorisation of this.
At Oxford Brookes University, we have a Test Centre at Marston Road site,
Oxford and a second test centre at the Swindon campus. We currently run OSCES
Monday-Friday in Swindon, and Monday-Friday in Oxford
The OSCE will simulate a clinical environment and “patient” scenarios which
registered nurses and midwives are likely to encounter when they assess, plan,
implement and evaluate care. Candidates are expected to utilise a contemporary
evidence base and effectively demonstrate safe practical application of
nursing and midwifery skills. The Test of Competence is blueprinted against
the current UK pre-registration standards and these standards are available on
the NMC's website.
For more information about the Test Centre please see:
https:// www. brookes.ac.uk/nmc-test-of-competence
For more information about the role of the NMC Competence Assessor contact
either of the staff below:
● Clair Merriman Programme/Provision Lead 01865 482622
● Barry Ricketts Academic Lead 01865 48 2622
● Amy Volp Project Manager 01865 48 8415
Qualifications required for post :
● MSc in in a health-related subject
● Postgraduate certificate in higher education (or equivalent)
● Current registration with the NMC as nurse and/or midwife.
● Current registration with the NMC as nurse or midwife
● Bachelor's degree in health related subject
● Teaching qualification or equivalent.
Experience required for post :
● Clinical background in nursing and/or midwifery
● Recent experience of teaching and assessing in health care in higher
education (undergraduate and/or postgraduate level)
● Evidence of supervising and teaching students in practice, e.g. as a mentor,
practice assessor, practice supervisor, link lecturer or practice teacher
● Evidence of leadership in curriculum development and design in higher
● Commitment to and evidence of involvement in interprofessional education or
● Evidence of scholarly activity.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their
background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in
To email the post of Assistant Academic Lead (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer) to a
friend copy and paste link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=133258
Closing Date : 05-Oct-2022 Vacancy ID : 133258
Faculty or Directorate : Health and Life Sciences Location : Swindon -
Joel Joffe Building
For more information : email@example.com Posted on :