Job Title Applied Animal Science Technology-Lead Instructor
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The faculty member must instruct
assigned courses in accordance with NCCCS curriculum standards and course
descriptions in addition to the standards and guidelines set forth by the
program accreditation entity. Courses may be scheduled for day, evening, or
weekends and in WCC's service area and high schools. WCC views faculty members
as learning-facilitators who actively engage students in the learning process.
Full Time or Part Time Full Time
Essential Duties Summary
The Applied Animal Science Technology faculty position includes the following
responsibilities and expectations:
• Eighteen to twenty-five hour teaching load comprised of courses within the
Applied Animal Science Program of Study, plus a minimum of five scheduled
• Utilize instructional plans to direct and assess student progress in
achieving theory and performance requirements of the program.
• Initiate, develop and perform ongoing business, industry, farmers, and
agriculture extension relationships to foster growth while interconnecting the
program of study with service area agriculture operations.
• Learner-centered, outcomes-based instruction delivered via traditional
classroom, interactive video, and internet.
• Assist with semester scheduling, textbook order, and reporting obligations
for the program's accreditation body.
• Assist with student recruitment for programs and division.
• Support career and college promise classes including instructors to ensure
• Ability to lead hands-on lab projects from beginning to end; create a safe
working environment, and demonstrate animal safety on location at farms and on
• Commitment to WCC's mission, vision, and core values.
• Support of the college's initiatives to enhance the critical thinking skills
and global awareness of our students.
• Effective advising and registering to promote program/goal completion.
• Continuous improvement through assessment and evidence-based decision
• Curriculum development and quality assurance in the teaching discipline(s)
• Serving on division and college committees, as assigned.
• Support of student organizations and other campus activities.
• Maintaining currency in the teaching discipline(s).
• An understanding of the mission and organization of the NC Community College
• Applicants for the position of Applied Animal Science Technology Instructor
are encouraged to review WCC Policies and Procedures, 2020 Vision Statement,
and current WCC catalog.
The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in course content, as evidenced
by education and/or experience, effective in directing and evaluating student
learning and laboratory performance, and be prepared in educational theory and
A.A.S. in Applied Animal Science Technology, or equivalent
3-5 year's work experience
Coursework in Agribusiness Technology
Posting Number 10207P
Walking up to 4 hours per day
Standing/sitting up to 4 hours per day
Lifting up to 25 lbs
Open Date 06/07/2021
Close Date 06/22/2021
Open Until Filled No
Desired Start Date 08/02/2021
Review Start Date 06/22/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicant must complete the Wilkes Community College online application
process which includes a cover letter, a resume, references (including a
recent supervisor), and unofficial college transcripts (if hired, official
college transcripts will be required).
The applicant must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Do you have at least an associate's degree?
Do you have at least 3-5 years work experience in the related field?
Documents Needed To Apply
Unofficial Transcripts - Associates
Letter of Recommendation #1
Letter of Recommendation #2
Letter of Recommendation #3
Unofficial Transcripts - Bachelors
Unofficial Transcripts - Masters