To apply for this role, you must be a current employee working within the IT service at the University of Leeds.
This role will be based on the university campus, with scope for it to be undertaken in a hybrid manner. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
Are you interested in using your development knowledge and skills in a diverse development function? Are you an enthusiastic and driven individual with a desire to be part of a development team delivering high quality IT services to support a range of business critical systems?
The University of Leeds is one of the top 135 universities in the world. We have a truly global community, with more than 39,000 students from 170 different countries and over 9,000 staff of 100 different nationalities. Established in 1904, we have a strong tradition of academic excellence, reflected in first-class student education, along with world-leading research that has a real impact around the globe.
As we embark on an ambitious Digital Transformation, we are investing in our IT Service, which is key to developing our learning and research capability as we strive to collaborate across the globe, attacking global issues.
You will be part of a team delivering and supporting services that underpin a range of business critical activities and projects. Initially this will focus on Banner 9, the Universities chosen student records system, but may broaden over time depending on University priorities.
You will use your knowledge of working in a development environment to design, develop and maintain Java functionality within an IDE framework. There will also be SQL development work as you work with the business to deliver their business requirements. Delivery of integrations within a managed API framework will also be an aspect of the role.
If you are looking for a role that will help change the world apply today.
What we offer in return
• 26 days holiday plus 16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – that's 42 days a year!
• Generous pension scheme options plus life assurance
• Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
• Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
• Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Mark Britchford, ITOL (Core Systems)
Email: [email protected]Location: Leeds - Main Campus
Faculty/Service: IT School/Institute: DDO Category: Professional & Managerial Grade: Grade 6 Salary: £28,762 to £34,308 per annum Post Type: Full Time Contract Type: Ongoing Release Date: Monday 30 January 2023 Closing Date: Sunday 12 February 2023 Interview Date: Tuesday 21 February 2023 Reference: ITDDO1013
Apply OnlineFurther details: