Position InformationPosting Number SRGV6983
Working Title ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR Number of Vacancies 1 Location Edinburg, Texas Department College of Liberal Arts FTE 1 FLSA Exempt Scope of Job
To coordinate activities and provide supervision in the operation and administration of a department. To relieve the administrator of a large volume of complex decisions. Responsible for making complex administrative decisions requiring knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies, and procedures. Also, responsible for fiscal and administrative activities for a large department or comprehensive responsibility for the operation and direction of a smaller department.
Description of Duties
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates administrative operations.
• Assists director and/or manager in preparing and analyzing budgets, merit pay recommendations, as well as assisting during the interviewing/hiring process.
• Maintains and verifies departmental personnel files including records of required employee credentials and licensing.
• Maintains departmental procedures manuals.
• Schedules and arranges department and committee meetings including the preparation of meeting notices and agendas.
• Monitors and maintains control of expenditures within budgets.
• Processes bills for payment.
• Assists in report preparation and in responding to official inquiries.
• Coordinates procurement of equipment and supplies.
• Interprets rules, regulations, and policies and executes as applicable.
• Relieves administrator of a wide variety of internal administrative duties which require a thorough understanding of the functions, programs, and policies of the University and department.
• Interprets and reviews administrative decisions, policies, and internal procedures.
• Plans, supervises, and schedules the work of assigned staff.
• Determines work priorities and evaluates work progress.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and/or grant applications and maintains the current status of the same with respect to funds available and obligated.
• Coordinates the collection of information or the preparation of reports and compiles or supervises the compilation of data for reports.
• Serves as a liaison with other departments on policies, procedures, and practices.
• Reports directly to the top administrator in the department.
• Performs related duties as required.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited University.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration from an accredited University.
Two (2) years of office administrative or business management experience.
Experience within higher education.
Personal computer, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Standard office machines.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Indoor office environment.
Some evening and /or weekend work and travel may be required. Ability to multi-task. Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Work requires the application of considerable judgment and discretion.
Employment Category Full-Time Minimum Salary Commensurate with Experience Posted Salary Commensurate with Experience Position Available Date 08/22/2023 Grant Funded Position No If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date
Posting Detail Information
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: Date of Birth Gender Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days. If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https: // careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Quick Link https: // careers.utrgv.edu/postings/39741Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)