Position InformationPosition Title Administrative Coordinator (Onsite)
Position Location: 33 West 42nd Street New York, NY 10036
The Administrative Coordinator serves as an integral role as the lead administrative assistant and project manager for the Institutional Advancement and Continuing Professional Education teams. This highly organized individual will assist in event and program planning, execute a variety of administrative tasks, and serve as a resource to the College community and external constituents. Effective communication, organization, ability to work independently, problem-solving, time management, and eagerness to create memorable experiences for various audiences are key skills for this role.
Specific duties & responsibilities: Oversee key projects and programs ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget; calendar management; file and record organization; creating or completing reports and forms; advancing the College's strategic plan; and positively positioning the College to both internal and external audiences through planning and organization, stakeholder communication, collaboration, and outcomes. The Administrative Coordinator has a shared reporting line to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and the Associate Director for Continuing Professional Education.
• Provide overall administrative support to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and the Office of Continuing Professional Education ensuring the smooth and timely execution of office workflow, events, and high- level customer service including answering phone calls and email/online inquiries.
• Maintain and update files, records, and reports including the relevant online directories, course files, and calendar information.
• Provide support for budgeting and resource management with high level of detail orientation.
• Act as a general resource for event and program support including maintaining a list of preferred vendors and venues for events and meetings, researching and preparing cost estimates, completing purchase requisitions, processing invoices, and other similar activities.
• Collect data including RSVPs for monitoring and reporting of metrics such as attendance, drop-off rate, and ROI as well as for follow-up post-event.
• Develop and disseminate an ongoing Master Calendar of events and programs ensuring appropriate events are published on website and dates are coordinated with the building reservation calendar maintained by the VP for Administration and Finance.
• Oversee and engage work-study students to support various programs and activities.
• Collaborate with facilities, security, and IT to ensure the integrity of the on-campus spaces and the overall comfort and safety of attendees at meetings, programs, and events.
• Serve as a contact and coordinator for all off-site events including organizing securing estimates and contract drafts, vendors tastings, deliveries, and other coordinated services.
• Anticipate, assess and proactively troubleshoot any workflow or program challenges that may arise.
• Maintain inventory of supplies, marketing assets, and event materials.
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required to fulfill the needs of the role.
• Strong organizational skills including goal and deadline orientation; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Exceptional communications skills; ability to articulate ideas and concepts easily as well as integrate others suggestions
• Self-starter who works well within a team and can provide high level of customer service to all stakeholders
• High energy, yet presents a sense of calm during peak planning and execution times
• Problem-solver who looks for solutions and scenarios that advances the agenda
• Knowledge of software and cloud-based tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Cvent, Event Bright, and social media
• Experience with planning events/shows, training programs, hospitality, or other similar activities a plus
• Ability to use Photoshop, Canva, or similar tools a plus
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000. We are a qualifying employer in the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
The State University of New York, College of Optometry, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with disability, members of underrepresented groups, or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected] .
To view the College's Annual Security Report, visit https: // sunyopt.edu/?s=annual+security+report
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number 1752017
Apply by Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to ApplicantsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Documents Needed To Apply