Pay Transparency Act: Western University of Health Sciences is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range for this position is defined as the Full Pay Range. The budgeted salary or hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position defined as the Expected Pay Scale. Placement within the Expected Pay Scale is determined by internal equity, and relevant qualifications.
Classification Series DetailsFunction College of Veterinary Medicine
Family Administrative Support Classification Series Title Administrative Assistant
Full Salary RangeMinimum $23.00
Expected Pay ScaleMinimum $23.00
Posting DetailsPosting Number S01330
Position Title Administrative Associate II Position Status Full-time Campus Western University Campus-Pomona, CA Department 1701-College of Veterinary Medicine Job Summary
This individual will provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Research, completing tasks accurately and in a timely manner. Tasks will include managing the ADR' schedule, drafting and formatting documents, including scientific reports. This employee will also provide general support for professional activities of faculty.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess the knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent computer skills necessary in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Attention to details, strong organizational skills, and excellent work ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to proofread scientific reports for typos and format, including scientific references
Education: AA degree and/or combined experience & education as a substitute for minimum education.
List comments regarding work hours
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, some weekends and nights may be applicable
Posting Date 08/24/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Essential Job Duties
Provides administrative support to the Associate Dean for Research. Serve as a liaison between the Associate Dean for Research and members of the college, university and external partners and Dean, including verbal, electronic and written communications.
Maintain a professional office, managing sensitive records in an atmosphere of procedure and security. Analyze office procedure and propose creative solutions. Exercise confidentiality, good judgement, initiative, tact, and diplomacy in handling issues that reflects on the students, staff, college, and university.
Percentage Of Time 40 Job Duties
Provide pre-award support to research faculty in the college, including:
· Advanced editing
· Management of references
· Compilation of Biosketches and Facilities sections
· Coordination with the ADR, Dean, and Sponsored Programs
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duties
Assists in the organization of College research events and students' research training programs. including:
· Advertisement of programs, recruitment, and selection of applicants
· Coordinate presentations with selected instructors and speakers- Independently organize their travels
· Book rooms, organize caterings and announcements
· Registration and travel arrangements for field trips and presentations of research trainees at scientific meetings (National Veterinary Scholars Program and Pac Vet)
· Distribute evaluation surveys
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duties
Facilitate the hiring process of research trainees, including Post-Docs, Research Assistants and Scholars:
· Assist faculty with the preparation of job descriptions and recruitment of candidates
· Serve as liaison between hiring faculty, ADR, Director of Operations, and human resources to ensure timely hiring
· Prepare and process contracts for research trainees
Percentage Of Time 10 Job Duties
Provide administrative support to the College, including the Research Advisory Committee:
· Taking minutes of meetings
· Updating email list of members and coordinating meetings
· Maintaining records of committee actions
Percentage Of Time 15Physical Demands
Physical DemandsDo the essential functions of this job require lifting? Yes
If yes, list maximum weight and duration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to use equipment, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are all vision requirements of this job.
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties of the Administrative Associate are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is usually moderate due to the proximity of various office machines and light office traffic. The employee must be able to work on a computer for extended time.Applicant Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)