Position Title Adjunct, Psychology
Open Internally or Externally External
If faculty, tenure track status Not Applicable
Reports to (title) Department Chair
Requisition Number A21016
Position Type One Semester Temporary
Job Category Adjunct - Variable
Initial Work Location Varies
Starting Salary $900/Contact Hour
Job Open Date 10/08/2021
Job Close Date 10/12/2022
Open Until Filled No
Priority Review Date
Teach Psychology courses within the Psychology Department (primarily assigned
to teach PSY 1010, General Psychology, and PSY 1100, Lifespan Human Growth and
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Following the course curriculum outline/syllabus, prepares and delivers
lectures and other classroom activities.
2. Prepares and administers student assessments.
3. Keeps accurate classroom records.
4. Provides ADA accommodations as directed.
5. Responds to student inquiries about the course.
6. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
7. Responds to student and college emails in a timely fashion (within 48
8. Visits with hiring supervisor or full-time faculty mentor at least once
9. Completes required department paperwork on time.
10. Conducts student course evaluations as directed.
11. Completes all required employee trainings; participates in other
professional development opportunities and department trainings, when
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
1. Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate
priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues,
staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization
2. Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff,
faculty, and administrators
3. Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments
4. Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards
5. Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and
6. Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance
7. Informs students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits
grades by published deadlines
8. Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional
9. Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for
inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and
10. Maintains professional and collegial behavior
11. Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student
communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1‐2 days)
12. Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or
13. Completes all required employee trainings
14. Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines
15. Provides ADA accommodations as requested
Experience teaching at the college level
PhD in Psychology
Master's or PhD in Psychology (or closely-related field) from an accredited
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people,
ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships
College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic,
cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and
staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
This is a pooled position. The department will review applications when
positions become available.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a
1) In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a
semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment.
2) Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment
within in 30 days of hire.
3) In accordance with Board of Regents policy, SLCC's Human Resources will
conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment
(K-12) students are assigned to classes.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal
employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status,
expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any
other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
How did you first learn about this position?
Chronicle of Higher Education
College Placement Center
SLCC HR Office
Other (please specify below)
If other referral source, please specify:
(Open Ended Question)
Resume / Curr. Vitae
Letters of Reference