Apply now Job no: 510157
Position type: PT Instructional
Location: New York
The Department of Counseling and Clinical Psychology at Teachers College,
Columbia University is actively seeking adjunct instructors for the following
1. Ethics: A course for doctoral counseling and clinical psychology students
that reviews professional standards and ethics codes governing psychological
practice, education, and research.
2. LGBTQ Issues in Counseling: Introduction of some of the major issues
surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity and how these issues
historically and presently interact with psychological and educational topics.
This course examines factors impacting individuals who identify as lesbian,
gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) and explore the potential role
of mental health and educational professionals, teachers, and researchers in
working with this population.
3. Psychological Assessment - Assessment of individual differences,
psychometrics, clinical and research applications of psychological measurement
of cognition and personality.
4. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - Introductory level course on the theory,
research and practice of cognitive behavioral therapy
5. Psychodynamic Theory - History, and current empirical developments in
psychodynamic theory incorporating the Classical, Humanistic, Interpersonal
and Relational perspectives
6. Substance Abuse Research and Treatment - Systems-based approach to
understanding adaptive and abusive use of substances. History of political,
social, economic approaches to addressing substance abuse. Clinical and policy
developments regarding treatment. Evidence based treatment approaches.
7. Mental Health Entrepreneurship - Technological strategies to disseminate
mental health services, new developments in mental health treatment,
opportunities and obstacles in adapting systems of health care provision to
accommodate increasing needs for mental health services.
Applicants may apply to teach more than one course.
Interested applicants should include a CV, cover letter stating how they
meet the qualifications, and the names of three references.
Applications will be reviewed until all positions are filled.
Advertised: Jul 20, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Dec 31, 2022 Eastern Standard Time