Adjunct Faculty - Project Management (PMP Cert Required) - Fresno Campus
Job Category : Faculty
Requisition Number : VISIT23261
Posted: September 24, 2020
Showing 1 location
Fresno, CA, USA
Fresno, CA, USA
+0 more less
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a
different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-
world applications. When you join our team, you're choosing an institution
that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters
from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At
DeVry, we're guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach
us to care for students, self and colleagues. It's one way we position our
colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in
serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as
well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the
fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to
reach their goals. Whether it's career advancement, maintaining a healthy
lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and
professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an organization focused on providing high-quality
education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.
We are interested in developing long-term relationships with superior
instructors who have high professional standards, excellent communication
skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to providing the finest practitioner-
focused education. We are seeking primarily Industry Professionals to share
their knowledge and experience with undergraduate and graduate students in a
variety of fields.
• Courses meet once or twice a week for eight weeks.
• The face-to-face interaction is blended with technology (such as online
discussions and online assignments) for an enhanced learning environment.
Commitment is on a course by course basis.
• Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry University syllabus
that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes
the terminal course objectives.
• Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and update all course materials.
• Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-
related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for
preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
• Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students,
provide clarity, and improve student learning.
• Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal
objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of
various evaluation categories.
• Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond
to the course terminal objectives.
• Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of
exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
• A master's degree is required for all faculty positions (with 18 graduate
hours in the subject being taught for undergraduate teaching).
• Current PMP Certification from PMI Required.
• Additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation
considerations may apply.
• Faculty must have requisite subject matter expertise and outstanding
• Faculty must also have excellent motivational and instructional skills in a
diverse and non-traditional environment.
• Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of
DeVry is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe
diversity is essential to our educational mission and to the success of our
community. We are committed to fostering a working environment where
differences are respected, valued and embraced.
Licenses & Certifications