Adjunct Faculty - Human Performance
Bookmark this Posting Print Preview Apply for this Job
Job Title Adjunct Faculty - Human Performance
Department College of Health Sciences and Human Performance
The University of Texas Permian Basin College of Health Sciences and Human
Performance's Department of Human Performance invites applications for
Adjunct Faculty - Human Performance to meet the needs of the current
undergraduate and master's programs, including Exercise Science and Athletic
Training, and to assist with the development of current and future courses.
REPORTS TO: Chair, Department of Human Performance
The department seeks passionate candidates with experience teaching health and
human performance courses in higher education. The ideal candidate
demonstrates innovative approaches to online education and has strong
organizational and communication skills. The successful candidate will be
eager to participate in the growth and advancement of the department and
college, collaborates across disciplines, be committed to student success,
strives for teaching excellence, and actively participates in professional
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Teach a course based on program and college needs, dependent on
contemporary expertise or area of specialization.
2. Mentor and support undergraduate or graduate students.
3. Provide timely and appropriate feedback to students.
4. Develop course content consistent with institutional expectations.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and
duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related
duties as assigned by the Chair, Department of Human Performance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee
performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation
within three (3) days of the hire date to establish their identity and
employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement
2. The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
3. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
4. EOE, including disability/vets.
5. UTPB participates in e-Verify.
1. Earned Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in health
sciences or a healthcare profession or related discipline.
2. Experience in teaching in higher education.
1. Earned doctorate (e.g., Ph.D., EdD, DAT) from a regionally accredited
institution in a science-based discipline; or practice-specific doctorate.
2. Experience in curriculum development.
3. Experience in online course development.
4. Evidence of novel approaches to education.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F173P
Open Date 05/02/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
Public Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
What is the highest level of education attained?
High School Diploma
How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
Are you a current employee of the university?
Documents Needed To Apply
List of References
Letter of Recommendation