Job Title: Adjunct Faculty - ESL AVANZA Spanish-English Bilingual Fall
Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Department: Academic Hispanic Programs-Metro
Hiring Manager: Oscar Avendano
Hiring Manager Title: Hispanic Center ESL Coordinator
Position Type: Faculty
Faculty Rank: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Months Worked: 12 Month
Instructor needed to teach college ESL to high school students enrolled in an-
early-college program at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Classes are offered
during daytime. Classes are in-person for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
· Candidate should be able to implement face-to-face instruction.
· Candidate should be able to implement grammar connected interactive
based on the four fundamental language skills — listening, speaking, college
writing, and reading.
· Candidate should be able to work on a digital LMS (Learning Management
to implement lesson and home-classroom-assignment modules to complement
classroom teaching of the activities described above.
· Candidate should be willing to revise assignments, and specifically writing
assignments at home to give adequate and accurate feedback to students to help
master the college writing process.
· Candidate should be willing to attend some extra-curricular when necessary.
· Candidate should have effective and efficient organizational skills for
documenting and reporting purposes of teaching material utilized in each class
A bachelor's degree is required — a master's degree preferred.
Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant ESL teaching
Candidates should have bilingual Spanish-English language skills.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire are required to sign a background-check waiver and produce
a social security card.
Posting Date: 08/15/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted: Faculty Profile
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Letter of Reference 1
Letter of Reference 2
Letter of Reference 3