Posting Number 20190017P
Title Adjunct Associate Professor - DNP Program
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science invites interested
individuals interested in teaching specialty courses in its Doctor of Nursing
Practice Program for the Fall, 2021 and Spring 2022. These are academic, non-
tenure track, part-time, limited -term appointments. Decisions will be made on
a rolling basis and the timing of decisions will vary according to a variety
of factors including curricular need and course scheduling and the particular
specialty course the applicant proposes to teach.
· Teach DNP nursing courses each semester as needed.
· Support and contribute to the CDU's strategic mission, vision, and goals.
· Assist with the direction of student activities ordinarily associated with
an instructional program at the Adjunct Associate Professor will be
responsible for creating a dynamic, learner-centered environment that supports
the diverse learning needs of the student population based on educational
theory and evidence-based teaching practices University level.
· Supports the School of Nursing to promote, develop and maintain positive
relationships with clinical and health care delivery agencies and programs for
educational experiences and preceptors.
· Promote, develop and maintain positive relationships within the school of
nursing and all CDU departments on campus.
· Be familiar with course content.
· Distribute course syllabi.
· Prepares and conducts effective onsite and or online learning activities
congruent with the course objectives.
· Plans learning experiences that are appropriate for practice doctoral
· Organizes and maintains Blackboard as related to the assigned course.
· Participate in the coordination and oversight of didactic or clinical
experiences for assigned students.
· Evaluate students per program policy.
· Prepares and reviews student projects and evaluates learner performance in
· Maintain faculty responsibilities and accountability for apprising students
of their progress in coursework or project completion and for those who are
not meeting expectations, establishes a mutual learning plan to achieve stated
· Refers students to appropriate learning and support resources.
· Notifies the DNP director of at-risk students as soon as identified and at
least weekly thereafter.
· Completes final evaluation of student performance and submits student grades
· Responds to student electronic and other communications within 48 hours.
· Provides learning support for students to include meeting with the student
as requested outside of class.
· Submits attendance as required by the university.
· Participates in program and course faculty meetings as needed.
· Meets with program faculty to review the course and make recommendations for
· Develop curriculum enhancements in support of health services, population
health management, health policy and value-based care education.
· Attend professional community meetings.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Engage in student mentorship activities.
· May participate in Chair Committee, may serve as Chair or as of 2nd Chair on
· Participate in the development of required documents such as college, self-
studies, and BRN/CCNE/WSCUC reports as necessary.
· Completes the required orientation for adjunct faculty.
· Participate in department activities associated with the instructional
program as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
SEE BELOW FOR REQUIREMENTS
Number of Vacancies 4
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified
applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
Open Date 07/15/2021
Open Until Filled (overrides close field) Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Requirements: · Doctorate degree in nursing, PhD or DNP from an accredited
school of nursing required; Nurse Practitioners must hold National
certification as a nurse practitioner; Current, unencumbered California
license as a Registered Nurse or Current, unencumbered license as a Registered
Nurse in the state in which you practice.
excellent academic record; significant contributions to the profession or
professional organizations; experience within a distinct medical specialty;
demonstrated commitment to teaching; prior successful medical school teaching
experience strongly preferred. CDU School of Nursing seeks candidates
committed to the highest standards of creative work and professional
activities and to a campus climate that supports equality and diversity.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
Public Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
Do you have experience designing and implementing adult learning programs? If so, please specify.
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have 3 to 5 years of work experience in a higher education setting?
Do you currently have a Ph.D., Dr. PH., or DNP?
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have all of the following BRN qualifications? • One (1) year's experience as an administrator with validated performance of administrative responsibilities consistent with BRN section 1420(h). • Two (2) years' experience teaching in pre or post-licensure registered nursing programs. • One (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse.