Posting Number 20190016P
Title ADJUNCT ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/INSTRUCTOR - ELM/PMHNP
Position Number AF09035
The Adjunct Faculty Instructor reports to the ELM Program Director and will
participate in the assigned instructional and administrative operations of the
College and assume other duties as required to contribute to the overall
success of the program. Maintain teaching load as assigned,
• Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certified
(MSN-FNP-BC) or MSN-NP from a regionally accredited institution. Doctor of
Nursing Practice (DNP) preferred.
• Five or more years of clinical experience; with proficiency in curriculum
development, supervision, instruction, and evaluation.
• Experience with students in a clinical environment.
• Excellent academic record with a strong foundation of clinical experience in
an FNP/PMHNP program.
• Recent clinical preceptorship experience of prior FNP/PMHNP students
• Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with computers and other forms of advanced
technology in the instruction of radiography courses.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate positively with
students, faculty, and administrators, and to motivate and empower students to
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic,
cultural, differently-abled, and ethnic backgrounds of adult learners.
• Coordinate and supervise clinical education, clinical placement supervision,
and evaluation of students assigned to clinical affiliates.
• Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational
• Correlate clinical education with didactic education.
• Evaluate nursing students to measure their progress toward achievement of
stated course objectives and inform them of their progress in the course in a
• Provide support to the Program Director to ensure effective program
• Coordinate clinical education and evaluate its effectiveness.
• Provide oversight and mentoring of clinical preceptors.
• Recruit clinical sites that complement and strengthen clinical education.
• Establish positive community partnerships.
• Participate in the assessment process and development of student learning
outcomes (SLOs) and assessment cycles.
• Participate in program planning and review, attend advisory meetings.
• Participate with the Program Director in periodic review and revision of
clinical course materials.
• Maintain current knowledge of the discipline and educational methodologies
through continuing professional development, maintains expertise in the
subject area, and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
• Participate actively in staff development and professional growth, including
keeping informed of current research regarding strategies to foster student
success, and communicate relevant information within the program.
• Maintain current knowledge of program policies, procedures, and student
• Support faculty governance.
• Identify course requirements, student learning outcomes (SLOs), evaluation
and grading procedures, and attendance requirements in E-medley
• Plan, develop, and use a variety of teaching methods and materials that
assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for
students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning
• Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within
requested timelines; maintain necessary records and documents.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Number of Vacancies 24
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability or covered veteran status.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified
applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
Open Date 07/15/2021
Open Until Filled (overrides close field) Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
CLASSIFICATION AND STATUS: In addition to California Code of Regulations
(CCR) Section 1425, all faculty must meet CCR section 1424(h), which
states nursing faculty members whose teaching responsibilities include subject
matter directly related to the practice of nursing shall be clinically
competent in the area to which they are assigned and Section 1420(d), which
defines clinically competent to mean that a nursing program faculty member
possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience
ordinarily possessed and exercised by staff level registered nurses of the
clinical unit to which the faculty member is assigned.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
Public Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
Do you have a BSN or MSN from a regionally accredited institution?
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have an active license as a Registered Nurse in the state of California?
Do you have experience in and understand the connections between clinical training, the training environment and curriculum objectives with board certification and licensure?
(Open Ended Question)
Are you PC or Mac proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)?
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have a regionally accredited master's degree in nursing?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application