Duke University and Duke University Health System require all students, faculty and staff to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.Academic Coordinator
Requisition Number: 231042
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Durham, NC, US, 27710
Personnel Area: CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Date: Apr 25, 2023
Duke Athletics is committed to cultivating and promoting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. Our collective success within and beyond the competitive arena depends on each community member being and feeling welcomed, respected, and valued. Through continuous education, reflection, humility, and accountability, we strive to develop leaders who embody these ideals.
Read more about Duke Athletics' Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging by visiting this website: https: // goduke.com/sports/2022/12/9/diversity-equity-inclusion-and- belonging.aspx
Position Title: Academic Coordinator
Duke University seeks qualified applicants to provide holistic academic support for the championship programs of women's lacrosse, women's soccer, m/w track and field, men's and women's cross country, and women's tennis. Additionally, the academic coordinator provides services responsive to students' needs in navigating institutional and NCAA policies.
· Uses personal judgment, knowledge of professional advising practices, and University policies to advise students in all aspects of Duke Academics
o Guide appropriate course selection, students' satisfaction of NCAA eligibility requirements, help students integrate curricular and co-curricular experiences to complement their journey, give direction to students who are encountering difficulties and require sensitive needs, provide academic guidance, and offer appropriate referrals to university partners.
· Review educational plans with students, participate in reviewing student- athlete eligibility, and maintain notes on student plans and relevant advising information.
· This position will meet with families, faculty, staff, and campus administrators when appropriate and develop and maintain strong working relationships with athletic coaches and the academic support team.
· Attain basic proficiency in software (e.g., Excel and other databases) necessary for collecting and presenting data related to academic advising.
· The academic coordinator will join a dedicated team of advisors committed to holistically working with students as they traverse a rewarding and demanding path and report to the Executive Director of Academic Services.
· Master's degree in counseling, education, student development, athletic administration, or a related field.
· Experience in academic advising, teaching, or counseling at the university level is preferred and demonstrates the ability to work with a diverse population of students, coaches, and university administrators, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
· To meet the needs of a uniquely diverse group of students, successful candidates must be self-motivated, work a flexible schedule and assume duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references online at https: // hr.duke.edu/careers/apply for Requisition Number 231042.Minimum Qualifications
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.Experience
Work requires one year of experience in program administration or OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Nearest Major Market: Durham Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh