Position InformationPosting Number SF01489
Job Title Academic Advisor (College of Nursing) Position Number 109093 FTE 1.00 FLSA Exempt Position Type Professional Staff Union PSA/NEA - Professional Staff Assoc Pay Grade Level 10 Pay Grade Range $54,401 - $82,162 Status Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent
Department InformationDepartment Dean Nursing
Please note: Applications must be submitted directly online only at: https: // jobs.uri.edu
Contact Phone/Extension Contact Email Physical Demands Campus Location Kingston Grant Funded No Extension Contingency Notes Job Description Summary
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by February 1, 2023. Second consideration may be given to applications received by February 15, 2023. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (February 15, 2023) may not be given full consideration. BASIC FUNCTION:
Responsible for providing academic advising to undergraduates in the College of Nursing. Responsible for thorough knowledge of the curriculum, university policy, and campus resources. Work closely with the University College nursing advisor to ensure seamless transition from admission to graduation. Assist in the coordination of the living/learning community. Participate in on-going training in all aspects of academic advising, including the use of technology and data management systems that support effective advising.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Advise and monitor progress of CON students, ensuring progress toward graduation in a timely fashion.
Initiate student contact, providing intrusive advising outreach as appropriate.
Collaborate with and support other advisors, faculty and administrators within the CON.
Participate in scholastic standing review.
Assist with walk-in advising.
Ensure accurate and timely evaluation and posting of transfer credits for new and continuing CON students.
Work with online student records system.
Conduct degree audits.
Assist in planning and executing of programs in residence halls in the evenings and weekends as required.
Assist in the coordination of admission events and information sessions.
Assist in the coordination of College events (White Coat Ceremony, Graduation).
Assist in the coordination of the Nursing Ambassador training and events.
Advise in orientation sessions.
Teach URI 101 for freshman students.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as required.
LICENSES , TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Computers, printers; database management and spreadsheet software; student record-keeping systems.
1. Master's degree in adult education, College Student Personnel, or a related field.
2. A minimum of two years of experience with academic advising in a higher education (this experience may include work performed as a graduate student).
3. Demonstrated experience working with students and groups of people from diverse backgrounds.
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated academic advising experience in a higher education nursing program.
2. Demonstrated ability to utilize current social media applications (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
3. Demonstrated ability to use Brightspace (or similar platform), presentation technology and student records systems (preferably Peoplesoft).
4. Demonstrated experience with Starfish.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Posting Date 01/19/2023 Closing Date Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 3 ( PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) Other Document – References – the names and contact information of three professional references. (Note: this document is required even though references may be listed on the application).
Quicklink for Posting https: // jobs.uri.edu/postings/11171Applicant Documents
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().