UNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System. UNT System includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.
Posting Title Academic Advising Coordinator (two positions) Department DAL-Academic Advising-513250 Job Location Dallas Full Time/Part Time Full-Time Retirement Eligibility TRS Eligible Additional Retirement Information
For more information on retirement plan options, please visit https: // hr.untsystem.edu/benefits/retirement-plans/index.php.
Salary Information Commensurate with experience Department Summary
The Academic Advising Coordinator is an intermediate level position responsible for establishing and maintaining student success programs. The Success Coordinator maintains a regular caseload and advises current and prospective students on degree requirements, collaborates with academic affairs, enrollment management, and student affairs to provide holistic student support. Success Coordinators operate under the supervision of an advising administrator.
The Academic Advising Coordinator is an intermediate level position responsible for establishing and maintaining student success programs. The Advising Coordinator maintains a regular caseload and advises current and prospective students on degree requirements, collaborates with academic affairs, enrollment management, and student affairs to provide holistic student support. Advising Coordinators operate under the supervision of an advising administrator.
Additional Posting Details
Bachelor's Degree and three years of experience in student affairs, student services, counseling, professional academic advising, or related experience. A Master's degree can substitute for one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Qualifications Required License / Registration / Certification Work Schedule
8-5, occasional evenings and weekends
Driving University Vehicle No Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position. EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Classification Title Academic Advising Coordinator Physical Requirements Ability to communicate
· Evaluates transcripts, AP scores, CLEP, or other non-traditional transfer credit hours for applicability to UNT Dallas degree programs according to established criteria.
· Compares contents of each degree plan against the established requirements for a particular degree and notifies student of discrepancies.
· Proactively advises students from entry to completion including post- baccalaureate students; provides career/pathway exploration and career planning.
· Provide assistance to all new and transfer students during orientation advising sessions for a seamless transition to UNT Dallas.
· Provide holistic student support through collaboration with academic units and the division of Student Access and Success
· Works with advising team utilizing case management methods.
· Contacts students who have received academic alerts to recommend solutions and provide support
· Confers with faculty or administrators with regard to academic policy issues, such as acceptable course substitutes for a particular degree.
· Assists with graduation exercises.
· Work with students with a UNT Dallas GPA below 2.0 to develop a plan for academic recovery.
· Works collaboratively with staff and faculty in support of retention initiatives (early alerts, midterm grade outreach, etc.)
· Assists in determining TSI testing and appropriate course placement for incoming new and transfer students
· Provides robust advising to students completing TSI requirements
· May assist with training new advisors, student peer advisors, peer success coaches, departmental interns, mentors, or university faculty engaged in student success initiatives
· May assign or review work for other advisors.
· May be responsible for one or more special projects in support of student success. Generates reports and assessments of project outcomes.
· Facilitates or leads departmental committees (i.e. professional development, programming, probation, marketing, etc.)
· Interprets student data and develops action plans and interventions. Collaborates with faculty and staff to enhance achievement of student learning objectives.
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number S6376P
Position End Date (if temporary) Special Instructions to Applicants Quicklink for Posting https: // jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/72355Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().