ATC 2021 - Special Session on Edge computing for 5G and beyond networks
Thu Oct-14-2021 | 12:00am - Sat Oct-16-2021 | 11:30pm
Organizer: HUTECH University, Vietnam
We are entering an era of potentially ongoing mobile/IoT/IoE applications such as range from extended reality (XR) services (encompassing augmented, mixed, and virtual reality (AR/ MR/VR)), autonomous driving, industrial automation to telemedicine, haptics, flying vehicles, brain-computer interfaces, and connected autonomous systems, etc.
Besides their advantages, these applications required massive transmission or computations on an enormous amount of multimedia data (audio, video, sensing data). Thanks to the idea of Fog/Edge computing, tasks can be mitigated from the heavy-weighted data centers to local devices for improving efficient computing. Despite the potential of edge intelligence, however, many challenges also need to be addressed in this new paradigm. In the fact that the state-of-art applications introduced various constraints on performance metrics such as latency, throughput, or reliability that make big challenges nowadays.
This special session aims to create an open platform for scholars, industry professionals, and researchers to discuss and share new research ideas and technologies in the edge computing and related applications. We hope that the theoretical and practical frontiers of edge intelligence approaches can be moved forward for a deeper understanding from both the academic and industrial viewpoints.
We invite researchers and practitioners to submit original ongoing work, visionary ideas, or experience related to topics include, but not limited to:
- Mobile Cloud Computing Systems
- Infrastructures for Edge/ Fog/Cloud Computing
- Inovative applications of Edge Computing
- Communications in Edge Computing Systems
- Security Issues in Edge Computing
- Cloudlet based computing
- Communications in Fog/Edge Computing Systems
- Fuzzy/AI empowered edge-cloud architecture for computing intelligence
- Efficient edge video analytics systems
- Network traffic prediction and control in edge intelligent
- Big data and learning fusion in edge intelligent computing
- Energy-efficient edge network protocols/systems
Co-Chair: Dr. Trong-Minh Hoang (Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT), VietNam) and Dr. Khac-Hoang Ngo (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden)
TPC: Dr. Nhu-Ngoc Dao (Sejong University, Korea).
Dr. Dieu –Linh Nguyen Thi (Hanoi University of Industry, Vietnam).
Dr. Xuan-Vu Phan (Hanoi University of Science and Technology, VietNam).
All papers should be prepared according to the IEEE standard template.
Submission link: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=28121&track=106946
All accepted papers will be published in the ATC 2021 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®.
- Submission deadline: 10 June 2021
- Acceptance notification: 10 July 2021
- Registration and camera-ready version: 30 July 2021
Dr. Trong-Minh Hoang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Khac-Hoang Ngo (email@example.com)
Date and Time
Start: Thu Oct-14-2021 | 12:00am
End: Sat Oct-16-2021 | 11:30pm
Edge computing,5G and beyond ,Communication,network
October 14 2021